Sunday, May 4, 2008

Random Thoughts at 2 am..

So as I'm sitting here waiting for my DVD to finish I was thinking. Bradleys phone broke friday and he hasn't gotten it fixed yet which means we haven't talked since friday. :(. I got on myspace today and saw where he had gotten on Myspace he didn't say anything to me. I start to let that get me upset and frustrated. And then after my two very best friends went to bed I started thinking about it. I'm sitting here getting mad at him because he didn't say anything to me today when he got on myspace when knowing him he just got on long enough to get on check everything and get off because his parents and sisters went to go see him. Well that made me start thinking about how we often take things for granted. I'm being selfish and getting mad at my boyfriend because he didn't simply say one word to me today when he got on myspace when there are army wives and girlfriends that may not have talked to there husbands or boyfriends in weeks. This small thing made me stop and think about how I often take things for granted. I'm always complaining or down about something in my life when I really should be looking at the things I DO have not the things I DON'T have. I don't realize how many things I take for granted till I take a step back and look. In some ways we take God's love for granted. We do things that we know we shouldn't do because we know that our God is a forgiving God and will forgive us. I can't even begin to list the things and people in my life that I take for granted. This is something that I'm going to try and work on. Not taking things for granted wheater it be money, love, friendship, God, anything. I am going to start working on this.

What are somethings that you see that you take for granted?


- Raven.

2 comments:

BraggFam said...

Ok you have grown. I am crying that He is working in your life in a tangible way for you to see that HE is there. (He has always been there) I know you know that. I prayer for you over the past year and half has been that you know the personal God of you salvation. That that was the beginning and now He desire relationship with you. I love your heart and am honored to have you as my niece. (OK like oldest teenage daughter sometimes but I just love it)

Raven said...

thanks Christi. you have a BIG part in who i am. i am so greatful that you, Matt and the girls are in my life. you and Andrea show me soo much of what i want to be. Madison, Mckenah, Anastyn, Ty, Grant, and Grayson teach me so many things and yet the vary from almost 10 to 5 months. i'm so ready to go to the beach with all of yall this coming week. i love you guys. thanks.