Thursday, February 21, 2008

To go back or Not to go back.

Today my mom and I were talking. We were talking about going back to school or staying homeschooled. Im at a stand still. I cant decide if I want to stay homeschool or if I want to go back to Red Oak for school. There is pro and cons to both.
Going Back To School.
Pros.
  • Getting to do normal highschool stuff. (prom, graduation, ext.)
  • Friends.
  • Sports.

Cons.

  • Having to get up and drive an hour for school everymorning.
  • Getting back in the habbit of doing school everyday.
  • Not being able to go out of town when I want too.

Staying homeschooled.

Pros.

  • Being able to go out of town when I want to.
  • Not having to do school work all of the time
  • Spending more time with my mom and the baby.
  • Graduating early.

Cons.

  • No formal graduation.
  • No prom.
  • No sports.

Im so confused on what to do. I would love to go back to school. If I went back I would go to Red Oak which is fine with me. I love Red Oak. I would have to drive an hour to school, wear a uniform, go to school for 8 hours, work after school, drive an hour home, do homework, sleep, and still make time for boyfriend, friends, and family. More of me is pointing to go back to school because when my kids ask me when im older what was prom like or how big was your graduating class I want to be able to tell them. I dont want to say Oh, I didn't get to do that kind of stuff I was homeschooled.

any advice?

3 comments:

BraggFam said...

you will also have the pressures etc more if you do. let me just tell you prom was no big thing; it seems big at your age but as you get older not so much. also with graduation as well. Here is a thought: i don't ever talk to the friends from highschool, maybe one and that is ginger; my friends and matt's friends from college are the ones we still to this day get together with. i think it is because in high school there is still so much drama by college you get beyond that and can have meaningful friendships. Whatever your decision it will have a sacrifice along side of it. you just have to decide which is a worthy sacrifice for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh homeschool! :) After it is all said and done, prom and sports is pretty small as soon as you graduate high school. No one in college even cares about it! You do need some activities that are fun, social and let your true personality shine though! Are there any homeschool teen groups? Or volunteer groups... what sports fo you like?

shanna said...

I vote homeschool. I dropped out of high school in the 11th grade so I didn't get to experience graduation...and I was never invited to a prom...and I don't miss either of those things. Plus you can have lots of extra time with that sweet baby that you seem to adore! But definitely get involved in social activities!!!! I am Christi's friend by the way. I lead a teenage girls' bible study here in Edmond, OK. I have also had 2 teenage girls live with us at two different times. One was homeschooled...one was in high school. Praying for you!