Sunday, April 27, 2008

And the countdown has started. :)

25 days till my sweet sixteen.


and I can't wait. this year for my birthday I wanted to do something different. so i requested in my birthday invitations that instead of getting gifts for me make either a money donation or some items that we listed to be given to the Cherokee Childrens Home. my church supports them, we called them and asked them what they need and they said that they had 14 teenage girls around my age and they went though hair stuff, tampons, pads, etc. and they could really use these things. so thats what i asked everybody for for my birthday.


thinking about it just makes me smile. i mean i don't by any means need any things. i have been very blessed and by no means am i in any need of anything. sometimes you dont think about how blessed you really are untill you start thinking about the people that arent and dont have the things they need. i really hope that i can get these things for these girls.


when i told my mom she didnt understand why i would want to do something like that.. and she doesn't think that people will actually bring stuff for it. i hope that i can prove her wrong and show her that people will do stuff. i love the feeling you get when you know that you are helping somebody that is in need.


it makes my heart happy. yeah that sounds kinda corney and stupid but i dont know any other way to explain it.





i just got back from Arkansas yesterday. it was okay. not my favorite state but it was okay. ill put a few pictures up tomorrow hopefully. :)


i cant wait to go to the beach.. and to turn 16.



- Raven :)

6 comments:

Chick4Christ said...

omg raven! that is such an amazing idea! i love your heart and spirit! i would've never thought of that! you're so adorable!

Chick4Christ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Bragg said...

You come from a very long line of generous givers and I'm thankful that you posess the same quality. I always said your Uncle Rusty would give every penny away we own if I'd let him! But seriously, it says so much about your character and your heart. You are truly a beautiful person. Wich we could celebrate with you at your party, but we can't wait to celebrate your Sweet 16 at the beach! Love you LOTS!

Raven said...

Wendy: :) thanks. i'm glad that im able to do it. :)

Andrea: I'm really happy that im able to do it. :) I wish yall could be here too. buuut im really excited about the beach. 12 DAYSSS! :)

i can't wait. :) love you!

BraggFam said...

I love your heart and we will for sure support you in this. Did I tell you about the stuff the girls collected for the shelter downtown. It was amazing. There is but ONE reason why we do what we do and that is to bring Glory and honor to our sweet Father. You have a sweet heart. I am so pround of you and like Andrea can't wait to get to the beach and just celebrate

shanna said...

How precious are you. You giving to those girls is like giving to Jesus Himself. He is so proud of you :)